You don’t need a NIE Number in Spain to open a Bank Account.
Can I open a Spanish bank account without an NIE?
Yes, depending on the type of bank you are able to open a bank account without your NIE number. Some banks that offer the possibility to open a bank account without a NIE number: LaCaisa, Bankinter, Santander and Sabadell.
What documents do you need to open a bank account in Spain?
How to open a bank account in Spain
- Proof of identity (e.g., passport)
- Spanish foreigner identification number (NIE) and certificate (número de identificación de extranjeros)
- Proof of address.
- Proof of employment status (e.g., student card, employment contract, unemployment documentation)
How can I open a bank account without NIE?
If you still haven’t a NIE, you can open a non-resident bank account. Several banks offer this possibility. Just go to the closest bank in your neighborhood.
Can I open a non-resident Spanish bank account online?
Open a bank account even you are not living in Spain
Yes, you can apply for a resident’s bank account online. In some cases, you can also apply for a bank account as a non-resident online. Either way, you will need to visit a branch or meet with a financial advisor to submit the paperwork.
What documents do I need for NIE in Spain?
In order to obtain the NIE in Spain, you will have to fulfill the following requirements.
- Proof of previous appointment.
- Passport or identity card from your country of origin.
- Form EX-15 of Application for Foreinger Identity Number.
- Completed and signed fee.
Which Spanish bank is best for non residents?
There are many factors to take into consideration.
Top 6 best banks for expats in Spain
- Wise. Wise is a great online option that is ideal not just for people looking to bank in Spain but in many other parts of the world including Europe and the USA. …
- N26. …
- Banco Santander. …
- BBVA. …
- CaixaBank. …
- Banco de Sabadell.
Can I open a bank account in Spain without a Spanish address?
Yes, a foreign non-resident in Spain can open a bank account. To do so, they must take an ID document (normally a passport) and a certificate of non-residency to any of our branches.
Can you open a bank account without being a citizen?
In most cases, a non-U.S. citizen cannot open an account online. Instead, you’d need to visit a branch for a bank or credit union to open an account. Santander Bank, for example, accepts online applications only from U.S. residents or resident aliens who have a Social Security number or ITIN.
Can a Spanish resident have a UK bank account?
Those living abroad will almost certainly hold a local bank account, and they have a legal right to a basic bank account in the EU country they live in, meaning a UK bank can offer them banking services but without add-ons like overdrafts.
Can I use Revolut in Spain?
Can you use Revolut abroad? Revolut’s customers can use the physical, pre-paid currency card to make payments abroad fee-free using the interbank exchange rate in over 150 currencies.
What is NIE in Spain?
Page Content. The Foreigner Identification Number (NIE, by its Spanish acronym) is an all-purpose personal identification number and tax code that is associated to a foreigner for all their administrative official proceedings with Spanish authorities.
What is the difference between NIE and tie Spain?
The nomenclature makes it clear that the NIE (Foreigner Identification Number) is simply a number, while the TIE (Foreigner Identity Card) is a physical document. … Therefore, having a NIE does not imply being able to remain in Spain. This number never changes, even if the status of its holder does.
Which UK banks have branches in Spain?
If you’re starting your search for a Spanish bank account, here are a few of the major banks to consider:
- Santander. UK customers will already be familiar with Santander, as this Spanish bank has an established presence in many countries including the UK. …
- BBVA. …
- Banco Sabadell. …
What documents do I need for opening a bank account?
What do I need to open a bank account?
- At least two forms of government-issued photo identification, such as a valid driver’s license or passport.
- Social security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
- Utility bill with current address information.
How do I get a Spanish NIE number in the UK?
How to Get Spanish Nie Number in the Uk
- Open a bank account.
- Buy or sell a property.
- Arrange a loan or a mortgage.
- Pay tax.
- Be employed.
- Receive payments for unemployment or social services.
- To register with social services.
- Start a business.