How do you pluralize a noun in Spanish if it ends on a consonant?
Add -es to form the plural of most nouns ending in a consonant. Drop the accent when adding plural -es to nouns ending in an accented vowel + -n or -s.
What do you do if a noun ends in a consonant in Spanish?
Rule #2: If a noun ends in a consonant, add “es” Although there are fewer nouns with consonants in Spanish, you have to remember that they follow a different rule than those that end in a vowel. For the nouns that end in a consonant you add “es.”
How do you pluralize nouns in Spanish that end in consonants except the letter Z?
Forming the plural of nouns ending in a consonant in Spanish (…
- Using los or las to say “the” in Spanish (plural definite articles)
- Forming regular plural masculine and feminine adjectives in Spanish.
- Forming the plural of masculine and feminine adjectives ending in -e and -a in Spanish.
What are the 2 rules for making a noun plural Spanish?
8 Simple Rules to Master the Plural in Spanish
- Add an “s” to nouns that end in vowels. …
- Match the article to the noun in both gender and number. …
- Add “es” to nouns that end in consonants. …
- Add “es” and drop the accent over the “o” if the noun ends in “ión” …
- If a noun ends in “z”, add “es” and change the “z” to “c”
How do you make El Pais plural?
5 Answers. Hmmm, it is el país (with an accent) in the singular & los paises (without an accent) in the plural.
What is the plural form of la ciudad?
Ciudad (city), ends in D so we add ES at the end to make it plural, making it ciudades (cities).
Is El número plural?
Forming plurals in Spanish is very easy … as easy as following the following rules: If the word ends in a vowel you need to add an S. El libro >> Los libros.
What is the plural of el libro?
The definite article the is translated by el before a masculine singular noun, la before a feminine singular noun, los before a masculine plural noun, las before a feminine plural noun: the book/books = el libro/los libros.
What is the singular form of Los lápices?
Yes, los lápices. Nouns that end in -z drop the -z and add -ices to form the plural form.
How do you make AZ plural in Spanish?
Spanish nouns that end in consonant -z form their plural by adding -es and changing the -z for a -c.
What is a plural noun in Spanish?
What are Plural Nouns? When writing about more than one of anything you usually use the same word by adding -s, -es, or -ies to the end. These are called plural nouns. … Talking about more than one of anything means that you are using a plural noun.
What are nouns end with consonant?
Nouns ending in a consonant and a ‑y, change ‑y to ‑i and add ‑es. But proper names ending in a consonant and a ‑y, just add ‑s. But nouns ending in a vowel and a ‑y, just add ‑s. Nouns ending in ‑s, ‑ss, ‑ce, ‑sh, ‑ch, ‑tch, ‑ge, ‑dge, ‑x, and ‑ze, just add ‑es.
How do you change a noun from singular to plural in Spanish?
Spanish Plural Noun Forms
- Just Add -s. Rule: If a singular noun ends in an unstressed vowel (a, e, i, o, u) or the stressed vowels á, é or ó, add -s to the end of a singular noun to make it plural. Here are some examples. …
- Add -s or -es. Rule: If a singular noun ends in í or ú, you can add -s or -es to pluralize the word.
How do you make something plural?
Most singular nouns are made plural by simply putting an -s at the end.
The correct spelling of plurals usually depends on what letter the singular noun ends in.
- To make regular nouns plural, add ‑s to the end. …
- If the singular noun ends in ‑s, -ss, -sh, -ch, -x, or -z, add ‑es to the end to make it plural.
How do you change singular to plural in Spanish?
To change from singular to plural in Spanish, add an “s” or “es” if the word ends in a consonant. Para cambiar del singular al plural en español, añade una “s” o “es” si la palabra termina en consonante.